'It's never too late: US TV host pleads with mum's suspected kidnappers

As the family marks two weeks since Nancy Guthrie was last seen at her home in Tucson, Arizona.

US TV anchor Savannah Guthrie has issued another direct plea to her mother Nancy's suspected kidnappers as the family marks a grim milestone following her disappearance.

Nancy Guthrie, 84, was last seen at her home in Tucson, Arizona on January 31 and was reported missing the following day when she failed to attend church.

She is believed to have been abducted, and an urgent and intensive search for Nancy involving local police and the FBI has been underway for the past two weeks.

READ MORE: 'Grave fears' for Sydney grandfather after 'mistaken identity' kidnapping

Savannah Guthrie

Her daughter Savannah, a long-term co-anchor of the US Today programme, took to Instagram to mark a fortnight since her mother went missing and spoke directly to her suspected captors.

"It's been two weeks since our mum was taken and I just wanted to come on and say that we still have hope and we still believe...," she said in a video.

"I wanted to say to whoever has her, or knows where she is, that it's never too late."

Savannah pleaded again for her mother's return and said she and her family still "believe" Nancy may be returned.

"You're not lost or alone. And it's never too late to do the right thing. And we are here," she added.

"We believe. And we believe in the essential goodness of every human being, and it's never too late.

"Bring her home."

NATIONAL: Half of Australia set for major soaking, millions warned

Eleven days after Nancy Guthrie went missing from her Arizona home, new evidence and videos should be bringing authorities closer to finding the 84-year-old.

It is one of several public pleas for information that Savannah has posted on social media in the wake of her mother's disappearance.

In one message, the journalist even appealed to the presumed kidnappers, offering to pay a ransom.

"We have received your message", she said, before pleading for her mother's return.

Law enforcement investigating Nancy's disappearance have confirmed they had received some demands for ransom from different sources, but have not said if any of them are considered credible.

Authorities also say they are unaware of any ongoing communication between the Guthries and any purported kidnappers.

Purported ransom notes were sent to news outlets, but two deadlines for paying have passed.

The FBI last week released chilling CCTV footage of a masked suspect on Nancy's porch.

The images and video show a man wearing gloves, long sleeves, pants, and with a balaclava over his face, apparently attempting to block the door camera at the home, including by holding up a handful of plants.

On Thursday, the FBI called the person a suspect.

READ MORE: Huge Origin shake-up announced after Ponga bombshell

It described him as a man about 1.75m tall with a medium build.

The agency said he was carrying a 25-litre "Ozark Trail Hiker Pack" backpack.

A glove containing DNA found just over 3 kilometres from Nancy's house appears to match those worn by the person in the footage.

The glove, found in a field near the side of a road, was sent off for DNA testing.

The FBI said in a statement that it received preliminary results on Saturday and was awaiting official confirmation.

Authorities have expressed concern about Nancy's health because she needs vital daily medicine.

NEVER MISS A STORY: Get your breaking news and exclusive stories first by following us across all platforms.

More from Latest News